Saturday, June 4, 2011

thai food and a sketchy situation...


last night, i was pretty excited because jamie said she’d take me to eat thai food for dinner. it was one of her favorite places to eat. she kept raving about how good the food was at this place…so i was pretty pumped to try thai food for the first time. there were tons of things on the menu that looked amazing and it took me a while to finally decide, but i finally chose a pineapple fried rice with chicken. it sounded different, but i like trying new foods and i was feeling pretty adventurous.

we enjoyed some light, airy rice cake type things dipped in some spicy sauce while we waited on our food. when they brought out our food, it looked and smelled amazing. my dish contained fried rice, pineapples, yellow curry powder (which gave the dish a touch of spicyness), chicken, eggs, and tomatoes. it was the most delicious fried rice ive ever eaten. i am officially in love with thai food! i cant wait to go back : )

that night, i stayed up pretty late just hanging out in the office and didn’t head back to my room until around 1 am. everyone else was gone and there were only two other people on the property and they were already asleep.

now, im the type of person who rarely ever gets creeped out or scared about anything, but i have to say, i felt pretty uncomfortable walking back to my room last night. first of all there was a storm going on outside…well sorta...there was lightning, thunder, and lots of wind, but it only dripped a little bit.

anyway, so i locked up the front of the office and started to head over to my room, but across the street there was a person standing outside their house in a long white gown. they were just kinda roaming around their front yard. it was so freaky, especially since it was one in the morning. i had only heard stories about the neighbors across the street and they weren’t good stories. so i just prayed that this person would not see me as i walked as quietly as i could back to my room. later, i found out that the person was a woman who often went outside at all hours of the night to feed her cat. it was a pretty sketchy situation tho.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Erin! Don't do that staying out so late and having to walk back in the dark. Not a good thing, my friend! I'll bet it was scary! That rice did look amazing. You'll have to learn to cook it and have us over to try it out. smile. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly what my mom said too! haha. it shouldnt be deserted like that again, but i will be sure to be back in my room much earlier. i was just trying to finish up my post for the day before i headed back to my room. the wifi only works in certain places here :/
    ...plus i would love to learn how to make thai food and of course u and sandy would be invited! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nexy time, try the massaman curry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay i def will! i am looking forward to my next trip :)

    ReplyDelete