Saturday, June 11, 2011

celebrate the memories

two of the church teams left early this morning...it was before i even made it to breakfast. today hasnt been the same without all those crazy, funny old men. i will definitely miss them...you dont realize how attached you get to some of these people until they arent around anymore :(

one man that i will def miss was mr. cy. every time he saw me he would shout my name, but almost like he was singing it. he put a smile on my face every time i saw him. plus, he was a bit of a flirt and constantly asked me about boys and how he wanted to set me up with all these different guys he knew. once, he even made me make a list of all the things i looked for in a man. mostly, i just enjoyed hearing him give me dating tips and how to make a relationship last. he talked about his wife of 50 years and how lucky he was that she put up with him for all that time. he often said: "oh boy, when my wife finds out about this...she's gonna kill me" haha.

all the men in those teams were so great...they constantly joked around with me in a good-natured way and they worked so hard at their jobs. they made me miss my home church a lot and how things used to be before i went off to college. growing up, i always got along better with the older people at my church, than with the younger ones. there were about 5 or 6 couples with whom i was pretty close with. these people were like family to me...i was so involved in my church and i spent so much time there and with these people. the church was basically my whole life growing up...it meant/means the world to me. now, new people have come to our church and old ones have left...and things will never be the same as they were back then. some of the couples have separated, some have left the church, and some are still there but i rarely ever get to see them anymore.

it's so sad to think about how fast time flies and before you know it the people, events, and laughs you shared, are all things of the distant past...never to be seen again. all you have left is that memory of the time you spent with them. you will never get that time back.

so enjoy every minute of every day. dont forget to stop and thank God for what you have been given...some of us are so blessed, yet we fail to realize it til too much time has passed. once a stage in your life has passed, you will never get it back. so savor the good times, endure the bad, and celebrate the memories =]

No comments:

Post a Comment